Monday, December 5, 2011

Dark World

I had the worst day ever.   I went to this awful world.  It was night time when I arrived, which should have been my first clue.  And when I say it was night time, I mean it was pitch black out.  No stars visible, no light of any sort.  Anyway, there were these 30 foot black, bird creatures with creepy yellow eyes.    Imagine a world in which all you can see are yellow eyes flying around.  See what I mean, creepy.  I didn’t see or hear any other signs of life during the entire trip.  I did, however, see piles of bones when I first arrived.  You’d think that I would learn, wouldn’t you?  I should have just turned around and left.  No wonder Tr’zez hates that planet.
All these things wanted to do was eat, eat, eat.  Thank goodness I had my shield on.  Since they couldn’t make a meal out of me they threw me in a prison, a birdcage of all things.  They didn’t try giving me a name or anything so I figure I wasn’t what they had in mind for a pet.  I couldn’t tell how high up we were but it seemed pretty high at the time.  You know how even in black of night your eyes start to adjust after awhile?  Well, after mine did, I could make out some rocks close by but I couldn’t see very far.  It’s like we were on a steep cliff. 
              I listened to the ornery birds talk.  They didn’t realize that I could understand them so they talked freely.  Their voices dripped with, well, I guess hunger would be the best way to describe them.  The thing is, they hardly said an intelligent word aside from how hungry they were.  Although, there was a brief moment when they discussed one of their own having explored the portal system in ancient times.  So I’m right about thinking that explorers from various worlds have been using the portal system to travel, but other than that I haven’t learned too much about it.
              Eventually, the creatures fell asleep.  All of them!  They obviously felt content that I wasn’t going anywhere.  They weren’t the only ones.  I thought I was going to spend the rest of my days in a stinking birdcage.  I guess we all received a big surprise.  Ha!
              There really isn’t any action or climax to this week’s update.  I just wanted to vent about these nasty creatures I had to deal with.  The worst part of it all is that I have to go back there.
            Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment