Monday, January 9, 2012

Sentient Rocks

                I visited an interesting world the other day.  I spent quite a bit of time there searching for any signs of life.  I was just about to give up when I noticed some odd things.  The sand moved around but it wasn’t random, as a result of the wind.  It seemed more like it moved with purpose.  Then I noticed that some of the rocks were moving around as well.  I didn’t report this to David Englund for his book because I don’t quite know what to make of it or what exactly to report. 
                I tried using my translator to communicate with the rocks but nothing happened.  They didn’t react to my presence in any way, not even to avoid running into me.  For a bit of time, I sat on a boulder and took a ride.  Again, they didn’t seem to notice I was there but I suspect they were alive with thoughts of their own.  I don’t know what to make of this.  Can geographic forms be sentient?  Really?  There’s a portal there so there has to be something that was intelligent enough to open it.  Was there some other type of life form there originally?  Did they die off or did the rocks kill them off or is this what constitutes for life on that planet?
                This might sound like it was a boring trip to you, but it got me thinking.  From the time we’re children we see pictures of aliens and examples of them in so many movies.  But who really knows what extraterrestrials look like (besides the feds)?   There might be a million planets out there with intelligent life.  Who says that an alien life form has to have a head or even a body at all?  Back to my earlier question, could geographic forms be sentient?  How about gases (my dad might know a little about that)?  There might even be forms that we’ve never seen that could be sentient.    
                So many questions.  All I know is that I still have a lot to learn but I’ll keep giving you updates on what I find.
                Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment