Monday, November 7, 2011

Tr'zez

                I know I’ve told you how excited I am to meet aliens from other planets but so far it’s not such a great thing.  You should see this beast of an alien I met.  This guy is such a jerk!  His name is Tr’zez.  He’s a grouchy, rude, antagonistic bully.  If you can picture an eight foot, purple, hairy Neanderthal in your head, you’d be close to reality with this guy.  It’s all me, me, me with him.  No patience or compassion whatsoever.  I hate working for him but as you’ve read in my report to David J. Englund in his book, Upsetting the Tides, I need him.
                Tr’zez is much more experienced in the portal system than I am but he won’t share any information with me.  At least now we can tolerate each other.  Things didn’t start off so well, considering the first thing he did was try to kill me.
                The following didn’t quite make into my report, but I had some revenge of sorts with the guy.  Tr’zez sits around most of the time and ponders.  Yet, I can’t get a glimpse into his thoughts.  On the rare occasion he stands in front of me, it feels like he towers over me.  He’s very imposing with his bulging muscles.  I hate to say it, but he actually frightens me.  All I can see in his eyes is hate.  Intense hate.  I wonder what has happened to him to make him burn so.  His village is so peaceful.  No one else around him is like this.  Could something have happened in the portal system?  Should I be concerned for my own travels in the system?
                It seems like he’s just one bad day away from exploding.  I feel bad for him.  I don’t know what to do except maybe bring him some fiber.  He treats me with contempt even when I try to be nice to him.
  Anyway, I got him.  At least, for a little while.  I taught him how to play Tic Tac Toe and I won.  Now he has to call me sir every time I see him.  Man, is he furious.  He keeps demanding a rematch of my “feeble” game, but I think I want to milk this for awhile.  He also thinks we should enjoy a “real” contest like a challenge of Granun or Skluhah.  He tells me then we’ll find out who the real man is.  I hate to ask what those could possibly be.  I thought about teaching him a board game like Risk but he’d probably throw the board up in the air at the first hint of losing.  Man, I love making him call me sir.  He still scares me though.   
Clark   

No comments:

Post a Comment